Honored to have Praying for Your Pastor to be featured on the front page of the InterVarsity Fellowship website!
Praying for Your Pastor is officially released! I'm thrilled to announce that my next book, Praying for Your Pastor: How Your Prayer Support Is Their Life Support, is now available for purchase! This book was written to help increase the much needed prayer support for pastors and church leaders, and to teach churches to effectively cover their leaders in prayer. If you are a pastor, I wrote this book as a gift to you. I know how hard, lonely, and discouraging pastoring can be, and I wanted to challenage your people to step up and fight for you in the place of prayer. I encourage you to get this book into the hands of your church members, to have your small groups go through it together, and see an increase in intercessory prayer coverage for you and your ministry.
If you are a church member, I also encourage you to get this book into the hands of all your church members so that you can mobilize your congregation to be strong in prayer for your leadership. The Bible commands us to pray for our leaders, and the enemy will do all he can to make sure that doesn't happen. But one of the greatest gifts you can give to your pastor is your faithful prayers. Let this book be a guide to teach you to pray, and as a result, see greater blessings fall upon your pastor, your church, and your ministry.
And please lift up a prayer for this book to be used by God to increase the prayers of His people globally, so that we might all be faithful in interceding for our shepherds. Thank you always for your prayers and support.
You can order your copies here:
"Not my crime, still my sentence." We are excited to announce the launch of a new ministry branch of Hope Be Restored called Invisible Chains. This is a ministry aimed at serving the children of prisoners in South Korea. Currently there are over 50,000 children who's parent(s) are in jail. While there have been ministries reaching out to prisoners, until now, there has been nothing for their children. So from today, HBR and Crossway Mission Church will begin serving these vulnerable groups of Korea.
How can you help?
1. Mentor (Big Brother/Big Sister): We are looking for men and women to serve at mentors (or big brothers and big sisters) to these children. To meet with them for an hour to two each month, for several years, sharing life together and sharing the love of Jesus.
2. Petition: Sign our petition, asking the Korean government to allow more access for the children to see and spend time with their parent(s) in prison. Currently, they are only allowed to see their parent 3 times a year. This petition is seeking a law change, allowing the child to see their parent as often as they wish.
3. Sew: If you enjoy sewing or are willing to learn, sewing is a simple way to serve them. There are stuffed animals (teddy bears) that need your help to be sewn so that we can give them to these children as gifts at various family camps.
4. Key Chains: You can also purchase a key chain for KRW 5,000 that will go towards this ministry.
5. Volunteer: There are one-day family camps held each month in different parts of Korea where children and their parents can spend time together and deepen their relationship. If you can make yourself available at these camps to be a staff member to serve, that would also be greatly appreciated.
6. Give: Financial donations are also always welcome. Please email us letting us know that you'd like your donation to be give for the Invisible Chains ministry.
7. Pray: Please pray for these children who carry with them a great deal of pain and heartache. Many of them, if they are unable to find a positive role model and a place of healing, become very vulnerable to some dangerous paths in Korea.
If you'd like to help in any of these ways or have other questions, please email:email@example.com
Enoch singing a Family Thanksgiving Song in Korean. It's basically thanking grandparents and parents for being a part of his life :)
It took a lot of red tape but our church bank account is officially set up. You can donate in Korea to this account:
Crossway Mission Church
873-910006-58805 (Hana Bank)
If you'd like to give online, through credit card, or make an automatic recurring donation, you can do that through this website: give.footstool.org/crossway
So many of my favorites all together: my favorite band U2 and my seminary professor Eugene Peterson talking about the Psalms. What a pleasant surprise to see this documentary made by Fuller Seminary. Enjoy :)
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me - the task of testifying to the Gospel of God's grace."
2004-2011: Click Here